1. Abstract We presented a case of preterm infant with bilateral colonic inguinal hernia, which was diagnosed radiologically by the initial plain radiograph and subsequent lower gastrointestinal (LGI) study by contrast enema.
1. Abstract A 61-year-old Japanese woman was admitted to our hospital for further examination of generalized bone pain. At age 46 years, the patient was diagnosed with Fanconi syndrome associated with benign monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance.
1. Abstract 1.1. Introduction: Solitary fibrous tumor is an extremely rare mesenchymal neoplasia divided into pleural and extrapleural form, the latter being considered uncommon.
1. Abstract Air microbubbles are common in the haemodialysis venous return line, especially in the very first minutes of HD session and with high blood flows. They might be damaging for the lungs microcirculation and stimulate the inflammation system.
1. Abstract Ectopic pregnancy is a rare female emergency that can have a serious impact on the patient and even threaten life. Retroperitoneal ectopic pregnancy as more rare ectopic pregnancy, its diagnosis and treatment are much more difficult.
1. Abstract Prophylaxis is not only about wearing masks and vaccines, because no vaccine can guarantee 100% immunity to infection. The best vaccines, based on statistical data from previous years, guarantee approximately 55% certainty of not being infected with a bacterial, viral or fungal infection.
1. Abstract Body packing represents the concealment of illegal substances in a person’s body with the aim of smuggling. Body packers either swallow drug-filled packets or introduce drug-filled packets into their bodies through rectum or vagina. In the world, the three main smuggled drugs are cocaine, heroin and cannabis products.
Clinical Image A 52-year-old female presented to the emergency department (ED) with fatigue, shortness of breath and cough eight days after being diagnosed with COVID-19. She appeared ill but not toxic, and uncomfortable but not in extremis.
1. Abstract From December 2019, starting from Whuan, COVID-19 pandemic was threatening the entire world population with a major lethal potential. This new infection, with SARS-CoV-2, induces and maintains in human body a significant disturbance in the homeostasis of immune reactions followed by a multiorganic morphological and pathophysiological alterations.
1. Abstract 1.1. Objectives: Corticosteroid are commonly used for the management of vasogenic edema and increased intracranial pressure in patients with brain tumors. The purpose of this study was to investigate postoperative and persistent hyperglycemia in patients with brain tumors treated with corticosteroid.