1. Clinical Image An 83-year-old man complained of repeated hematochezia for 3 months. No other medical history was reported except for the percutaneous needle aspiration of left renal cyst 10 years ago. Colonoscopy revealed a 25-mm protruded lesion with central ulcer formation at the descending colon (Figure 1A). Massive bleeding occurred during forceps biopsy (Figure 1B), which was temporary managed by the clips.
Non-Structural 5A Resistance-Associated Substitutions and Interleukin28B in HCV Genotype 3b Decompensated Cirrhosis Patients with Sofosbuvir Plus Velpatasvir
1. Abstract 1.1. Background: Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Genotype (GT) infection is still regarded as one of the more “difficult-to-treat” GTs in the era of IFN-free treatments. The viral factors involved in this unfavorable outcome have yet to be clarified. GT3 HCV strains consist of various subgenotypes, and only a few studies on genome sequences of GT3 HCV have been published, since universal primers suitable for any subgenotype strain cannot be designed.
Generalized Eruptive Keratoacanthomas Involving the Auricles and External Auditory Canal: A Case Report and Literature Review
1. Abstract 1.1. Objective: The aim of this study was to report a case of Generalized Eruptive Keratoacanthomas (GEKA) involving the auricles and external auditory canal and to review the relevant literature.
Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease: An Update on the Clinical Characterization and Diagnostic Assessment of Cutaneous and Articular Sclerotic Forms
1. Abstract 1.1. Background: Chronic graft-versus-host disease (cGVHD)is a late immune-mediated, and sometimes a severe complication of patients undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. It is a multisystemic inflammatory disease with variable degree of fibrosis, mainly at cutaneous and often-overlooked musculoskeletal level, which entails a negative impact on the quality of life and physical function of these patients.
A Rare Association of a Ruptured Middle Colic Artery Giant Aneurysm and A Celiac Artery Dissection – A Case Report and Literature Review
1.Abstract The occurrence of rupture is the worst among the circumstances of the discovery of a Superior Mesenteric Artery (SMA) branch aneurysm. Despite it remains a rare event, many cases have been reported in the literature.
1. Abstract Diagnostic assessment of solid pancreatic lesions may represent a real challenge in the clinical practice, even with the aid of tissue sampling by means of Fine-Needle Aspiration (FNA) guided by endoscopic ultrasound.
1. Abstract 1.1. Background: Despite many critical voices regarding its efficacy and safety, digoxin may still have a role in the management of heart failure. The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a short course digoxin therapy started in the emergency department based on clinical outcome after 30 days post hospital discharge.
Acquired SAMD5-RET Fusion-Mediated Resistance to Gefitinib in Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Harboring EGFR-Activating Mutation: A Case Report
1.Abstract 1.1. Background: Patients with disease progression on first-generation tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) usually have a poor prognosis. The mechanisms of acquired resistance to epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-TKIs have been widely reported; however, reports of acquired rearrangement-during-transfection (RET) fusion are rare.
1. Abstract Mandibulofacial dysostosis with microcephaly, Guion-Almeida type (MFDGA) is a rare multiple congenital anomalies syndrome characterized by malar and mandibular hypoplasia, microcephaly, ear malformations with associated conductive hearing loss, esophageal atresia, cleft palate and distinctive facial dysmorphism. Almost all affected individuals have developmental delay and intellectual disability.
1. Abstract COVID-19 can cause different clinical manifestation by affecting different organs in the body. Involvement of thyroid gland is very rare in COVID-19 infection than any other systems of the body.